Saturday 22 December 2012

TV Review - Downton Abbey Series 3

Hello all!

In time for the 2012 Christmas Special season, over the next week I will be reviewing some of the major TV series' of the past year, and revealing some of the details which we've been told about the shows respective Christmas Specials.

I'm starting with the ITV television series Downton Abbey, mainly because I have just recieved a boxed set of series 3 as a gift from my grandparents, but also because it is one of two Christmas Specials which I really will be glued to the screen throughout.

Well, to start with, I only discovered Downton when the repeats of series 1 and 2 were being shown in readiness for the start of series 3. I fell in love with them, and watched every single one, then sat impartiently waiting for the start of series 3.

In my opinion, series 2 was the best, simply because it was the series in which Anna and Mr Bates' love blossomed, and those who know me will know I can't resist a good romantic wedding ☺

However, I really enjoyed series 3. For those of you who haven't yet watched it all (shame on you!); here's a spoiler alert.

Spoilers!!

Sybil's death was so sad, and so unexpected. I actually cried. I know, I rarely cry at TV, but I really liked her and Tom as a couple, and there was going to be a baby, and it was all perfect, and then... Noooooo!

Unlike many, I quite enjoyed the tension between Matthew and Robert over the plans for the estate! I know it sounds strange, but I spent the entire series waiting to find out who would win!

And finally, a quick peek at the Downton Christmas special.

The family are leaving to visit Duneagle Castle in the Scottish highlands, where Lady Rose (who we met in series 3) is staying.

There may be a love interest back at home in Downton for Mrs Patmore, and one for Tom Branson (Ahhhh...I *heart* Tom ☺☺).  

There is to be a new maid back at Downton, a fair in the village and plenty of romance up in Scotland at Duneagle Castle.

And....well, with all of that to come, who knows what else we'll see on Christmas Day?

Byee

Dayzee
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!