Tuesday 4 December 2012

Film Review - The Phantom of the Opera (2004 film)

Hello all! Welcome to my first Film Review! (I can guarantee there will be a lot of firsts over the next year!)

I am reviewing the 2004 adaptation of the hit musical


Also, I hope you've all enjoyed decorating for Christmas today, or will enjoy it over the coming weeks! We've put up our tree, our tinsel and our lights, and I'm greatly looking forward to the festive season! Roll on Christmas!

Anyway, back to the film.

I have to admit now, I am a completly incureable musical fanatic, I just love them. Being a singer myself, I love the passion, and emotions that music can convey, and no musical I have seen does this better than the Phantom of the Opera.

I was sceptical. I have wanted to see the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical in London for some time, and hopefully next year that may happen...(please mum/dad?)...but I was worried that the film may ruin my expectations. I have always loved the soundtrack, but never really shown an interest in the film.

It was AMAZING!! I can honestly say I have watched it over, and over, and over again since I recorded it last Monday! I just love the story, and the songs, and...I could go on for hours.

It was a very, very enjoyable watch, and although I have seen some negative reviews around, calling it 'histrionic' and so on, I really did not notice any hysterics at all, and thought that the acting was excellent!

Emmy Rossum as Christine and Gerard Butler as the phantom made the perfect lead partnership, and strong supports such as Patrick Wilson as the Count, Raoul,  made the story really come alive.

My only slight problem is that I would have liked more to be made of the fantastic vocals of the three leads, because to be honest, the songs would make a show in themselves, and I felt they were slightly overshadowed...Just IMHO ☺

Anyways, I'll make a Film Related Scale of Fantasticness sometime this week, but I rate this film 9/10!

So so good...

Off to re-watch it...

Again...

Byee

Dayzee xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!