Saturday 1 December 2012

Book Review - Dead Time by Anne Cassidy

Hello!


I've been pretty busy this week, but here's a review of my most recent read,

Dead Time by Anne Cassidy

All in all, this was a great, gripping read. It is about the quest of teenagers Rose and Josh, whose parents went missing 5 years previously, and their search for answers.

I thought that the plot was a fantastic changes to a lot of usual kidnap fiction, and the cross over between their search for their parents, and the lives they have been living since their parents dissappeared.

Rose now lives with her grandmother, and Josh lives away from her. They are both currently studying, but are in contact against Rose's grandmother's wishes. Rose's Grandmother Anna believes that Joshua's father made Rose's mother go away with him, and then murdered her. However, Rose does not believe Anna and sets out, along with Josh, to discover the truth.

The only problem I had with this book is that it had continuous action, so there was no real dialogue, or much desciption. However, having read other books by Cassidy, I do understand that this is part of her writing style, and does tend to suit her plotlines, usually more than it did here.

Also, if you want to be satisfied at the end, this isn't a great book for that. I'm guessing the story continues in the next 'Murder Notebooks' book, Killing Rachel, due to be released 14th March next year, but I didn't feel that all of my questions were answered.

I guess that if Cassidy wanted the story to continue in book 2 of the series, she couldn't tie up all of the loose ends, but I just felt as though it could have reached a better closure than it did. Just IMHO...

All in all, a really exciting, fast-paced thriller of a read!

I'd give it 8/10 so pick up a copy and enjoy!

Byee

Dayzee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!