Saturday 8 December 2012

This Week...

Hello all!

So, teenageticket weather was wrong last week, because I've not seen much snow! Yeah, sure some other part of England got snow, but did I?

No.

(silent fuming...grrrr...)

Whilst I mutter my discontent at a complete LACK OF SNOW, lets look at the Books, TV and Movies for this week.

Grrr


Books

Read:

I was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison. Sorry, still haven't finished it yet!

Vice and Virtue by Veronica Bennett. I've finished it, and it was really good! I'll review it next week for you all. (8/10)

Went to the library earlier, to get in a good stock of books before they shut for Christmas, and I got another Sophie McKenzie, Blood Ties, which I've just started reading. It is really good, though I'm getting pretty sick of the swearing...(if you're someone who really doesn't like the odd swear word in a book, seriously, don't read this ☺)...I can pretty much stand it, because he actual plot is so good, but it can be annoying, like, can't you think of another word to use? ANY other word?

Just IMHO...

To Read:
The rest of I was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison
The rest of Blood Ties by Sophie McKenzie
Broken Soup by Jenny Valentine
The Medusa Project:The Set-up by Sophie McKenzie


Missing, Believed Crazy by Terence Blacker (saw it in the Children's section and couldn't resist the cover!)

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley has come into my library, but guess who forgot to collect it this morning, hmm??

Oops...

I am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley.

TV

Essential Viewing from the Past Week:

Merlin ~ It has been cancelled! Nooooooooo!

I repeat: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Island Hospital - Last episode. It was lovely...it was tranquil...it's feature was Meals on Wheels for the island's elderly inhabitants...Ahhhhh... I love Island Hospital! Best Christmas Wishes to everyone who lives on the Baliwick of Guernsey.  And I love your beaches ☺

This week:

Again, just the usual:

~ Merlin

But also, take a peek at

 ~ Inside Claridges

and

~ Westminster Abbey

which ar two new documentaries looking inside these fantastic places.



Movies

There are a couple of Christmassy movies on this week which I might watch if I have time, in my busy social calendar...ahem...yep. Hey, what can I say? I'm a book person! ☺☺☺




That's my social calendar...yep...☺☺☺☺☺☺



Hope you're all well, and looking forward to what will be, for most of you, the last week of term! Or work...

And, Good Luck to everyone working for exams, and towards Christmas concerts and shows. Break a Leg ☺(please don't take that literally!)
Have a great week!

Byee
 
Dayzee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!