Thursday 13 December 2012

Book Review - Vice and Virtue by Veronica Bennett

Hello all!

Here's my review of


This, I must admit, was one of the better books I've read recently. It had the mystery and intregue that I love in a book, and probably my only complaint was that it didn't have enough romance in it!

Some of you who've read it would say it has plenty of romance, and the 'will she stay with him?' or 'won't she?' theme runs pretty much through the entire book, but...I don't know, it just felt really rushed at the end, and I'd hoped they would make more of the 'getting together'.

All in all, I liked this book, because it was historical fiction, which is one of my favourite genres, and it was romantic enough to keep me hooked throughout the book. However, it's hard to really fix my feelings about this book because although it was descriptive and romantic, and right for the period of history it was set in, it felt boring and flat at times, there was no connection or drive... It's good, but not great.

So, I'd give it 8/10 on my scale, and I'd also say to get this book from a library, or take a look at it before you buy it. It's probably not one you'd read again, simply because the plot is easily remembered, and I found it boring to read a second time.

Byee!

Dayzee

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!