Sunday 2 December 2012

This Week...

Hello all!

Hope you're all well, and hope the freezing cold isn't affecting you too badly! There've been a lot of ice/snow warnings on the radio/TV, and it looks like we're in for the predicted minus temperatures pretty soon! (I feel so like a weather reporter ☺☺)

And that's the teenageticket weather for the week ahead :)

On to more interesting matters of Books, TV and Movies!


Books

Read:

I was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison. I haven't read much more... I was distracted by Dead Time by Anne Cassidy, but it's still only about a 7 or 8/10...

The Angel Experiment by James Patterson. I kept trying...I don't think I'll make it to the end of this one...sorry guys!

Dead Time by Anne Cassidy. Click the link to go see my review of it! (8/10)



And, just 20 minutes ago I started Vice and Virtue by Veronica Bennett, and it has started really well, if a little rushed...So far I'd give it (7/10)


To Read:

The rest of Vice and Virtue by Veronica Bennett
The rest of I was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison
Hitler's Angel by William Osborne

Quote from last week...:

"I'm going to re-read Pride and Prejudice so I can read the sequel, written by Joan Aiken, called Lady Catherine's Necklace.

It didn't happen.

It WILL this week.

Maybe..."

It still didn't. Full stop...

I've got the first book in the Flavia de Luce series, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, on reservation, so I'll need to read that before I read
I am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley.

TV

Essential Viewing from the Past Week:

Merlin ~ Episode 7 - With all my Heart

Yay! Gwen isn't going to be evil any more! (We hope ☺)

This week:

Again, just the usual:

~ Merlin

~ Island Hospital - Last episode! Where will I get my fix of tranquil island life, gorgeous beaches, and the occasional gentle, calm rush to the hospital??

Movies

This week, I've watched 'The Phantom of the Opera'....very, very good. I'll be reviewing it this week, so keep an eye open for that, and I'll also be posting a Film version of the scale of Book Related Brilliance.

Hope you've all followed my somewhat hurried instructions, and are getting in the Holiday mood! There is some serious tinsel action happening at my place! I think we'll all be seeing flashing lights in various festive colours at the edges of our vision for a long time to come!

And, here in England (for those who aren't) we're all anticipating snow, so anyone who's heard the ice/snow warnings on the radio, be careful out there! I don't want any of my readers injuring themselves on the ice!

Have a great week!

Dayzee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!