Sunday 16 December 2012

Book Review - Blood Ties by Sophie McKenzie

Hello all!

Ok, so today I'm going to review Blood Ties by Sophie McKenzie, who I've read books by before, noteably the Sister Missing series.

I loved this book. I'll just put that out there, because you're going to find that what I say next contradicts it absolutely.

I also found it ridiculously annoying!

To begin with, I thought the characters could have been developed a bit more, but that is not really different to other Sophie McKenzies I have read; she tends to focus more on action than description. Also, the places are not really described, and there is no real emphasis on any background knowledge or anything like that. It is action, action, action in this book!

Now for my BIG complaint.

Yes, this is a book for teenagers, and yes, a lot of teenagers are pre-judged as being like the ones in this book.

But I think a lot of authors, including Sophie McKenzie in this book,  overuse the typical swearing, frustrated, rebelling teenage stereotype in their books. I just wish the characters' small amount of development had not been so stereotypical of what adults 'expect' teenagers to be like.

That could just be my opinion, but there you go.

So, to conclude, I loved it, the plot was great and the action even better, but her characters left a lot to be desired, and the lack of reality dissapointed me, especially from an author I had previously enjoyed. 6/10.

Byee

Dayzee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!