Friday 11 January 2013

Book Review - Theodore Boone by John Grisham

Hello again!

Well, here's another book review - goodness, I'm churning them out this week! - of Theodore Boone by John Grisham

The cover attracted my attention, it's statement 'The No. 1 international bestseller' and also I had remembered hearing the title in various places, and reading about it. It was portrayed on the Internet as an excellent piece of fiction.

Yes, it was good. Yes, the law-court life of Theodore entwined beautifully with his high-school life.

But it didn't grip me as I expect a novel to.

It wasn't un-put-downable. In fact, it was very put downable - it took me forever to finish, as I was constantly being distracted by other, more interesting things!

I wanted it to draw me in, immerse me in an intriguing plot, and finally throw in some surprise twists and a fantastic finish.

It didn't.

It was just...fine. Nice. All of those uninspiring words teachers tell you to look up in a thesaurus to 'find something better than that'.

It wasn't what it could have been...thrilling, gripping, exciting.

Unfortunately, contrary to popular opinion, I'm going to give it a 5/10...it just wasn't me.

So anyway, on that cheerful note, have a great Friday night, and I'll see you tomorrow for 'This Week...'

Byee

Dayzee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!