Friday 4 January 2013

Book Review: Downton Abbey Scripts Season 1 by Julian Fellowes

Hello all!

Well, today it looks like a rotten day all told: rain, misty-foggy stuff, and a lovely grey sky. Joy (!)


To cheer us all up today, I'm going to post about a gift my grandparents bought me for Christmas. Julian Fellowes and his 'Downton Abbey' team have released the entire scripts for season 1, including commentary by Julian, and also deleted scenes which were removed during filming.

To be honest, this was probably my perfect book. I'm a Downton fanatic at the best of times, but with my Downton Diary, DVD box set, 'Chronicles of...' book and scripts book, not to mention calendar 2013, I'm completely set up for a perfectly Downton Abbey year...

I'm also a very lucky girl ☺

The book includes a forward by Julian Fellowes, all of the 7 episode scripts, and a couple of centre pages of pictures of cast and crew. All the scripts are annotated withcuts, and added parts, and Julian Fellowes' own commentary about writing, history, cast and filming.

If you have the DVD, it is great fun to read along and see wat has been cut, and how the commentary interlinks with the filmed episodes.

All in all, this book will recieve my first 10/10!

And, yes, I have watched the Christmas Special, and I'm not furious with Julian for what he had to do. I'm still sad though! For those of you who haven't seen it, please do! I'm not going to spoil it for anyone.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to the release of the scripts book 2 in September!

Byee

Dayzee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!