Monday 7 January 2013

A Quick Word on Charity Shops....

Hello all!

It was my first day back at school after the Christmas break. Boo Hiss...

However, in my school-related trials I was joined by the book collection I bought for £5 at a local charity shop on Saturday.

Charity shops in general are fantastic places for good buys, as are second-hand book stores, and bargains are easily found. I once bought an entire 25 volume encyclopedia collection for £2.50.

Yes, they're that good!

I'm going to recommend 3 specific charities, which IMHO run the best charity shops (politest staff, good selection of books, etc.)

So, my no. 3 is:

RSPCA - I've been to about 6 or 7 different RSPCA stores, and I always pick up bargains there.

No. 2 is Emmaus - Their stores are notoriously well kept, and they are really nice environments.

And the prize for no. 1 goes to

BHF (British Heart Foundation)!


They have specific 'Book' stores, and there is always a great selection of bargains on offer.

Anyway, have a great Monday!

Byee

Dayzee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!