Thursday 10 January 2013

Book Review - Spirit Seeker by Joan Lowery Nixon

Hello all!

Sorry for reviewing 2 books by the same author in quick succession, but I just had to! Spirit Seeker was one of those 'I have to tell someone' kind of books!

Here is the book description, courtesy of Goodreads.com:

"Holly Campbell's life has suddenly become a newspaper-headline nightmare. Her friend Cody's parents have just been found murdered, and Cody is the prime suspect. Even Holly's father, the police detective in charge of the investigation, thinks Cody is guilty. Holly knows she must help her friend. Will a mysterious psychic help her solve the case and prove Cody's innocence?"

As I am a mystery geek, and automatically drawn to mystery books, I just had to read this. I've only read one Joan Lowery Nixon before this week, and now I have read 2 more! They could not be described in the same league of brilliance as say, an Agatha Christie crime novel, but they still make for a meaty mystery book.

I did, however, guess the ending to this one about 3/4 of the way through, which for me is kind of usual, given the library of crime novel endings I have running through my head, but I was not in any way expecting the way in which this ending came about, a complete surprise.

It almost sneaks up on you... you're nearing the final pages, you know there has to be the big reveal soon...and yet it happens in a flash, with no warning, and barely time to catch a breath!

Anyway, I really enjoyed this book, more than the other one I read. I'll give it a 7/10.

Byee

Dayzee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!