Monday 12 November 2012

Book Review - Pocketful of Eyes by Lili Wilkinson

Good Evening!

Hello to all my visitors from the USA, UK, Germany, France and the Netherlands! Great to have you onboard!

Today I will be reviewing


Although I usually read books in a couple of sittings, just because it is something to do, I began this book at about 9.30 last night, and it began pretty ordinary, and if anything, duller than I expected. When I say it picked up after about a chapter or so, I mean it really did! I was totally hooked, and by about 11.00, having read just over 3/4 of the way through, although I desperately wanted to know the end...I knew that staying up any longer would seal my fate for today as: Completely unable to do anything other than moan about how little sleep I got...

Not a good look...

So after a lot of mental disagreement with myself, I went to bed, leaving the last 1/4 of the book unread.

I finished the last 1/4 this morning, and it was brilliant! Alhough the conclusion can be guessed part way through (and I did guess it, probably because I am a complete mystery geek) it still makes for a great, suspense filled story, because the conculsion I came to made no sense, but it remained to me the only possible one, and I wanted to know how the author made it happen!

I would give this book a 9/10 on the scale of Book Related Brilliance, simply because the main character Bee sometimes annoyed me with her complete lack of romantic know-how, and social ineptitude...then again, she somewhat reminds me of me sometimes...don't know what that says about me...

Anyway!

See you all soon

Dayzee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!