Sunday 25 November 2012

Book Review - Debutantes by Cora Harrison

Hello!

Today I am reviewing the book which I pre-reviewed last week. It is...




This book began with an uninspiring opening for the first few chapters, so much so that I nearly gave up!

I am very glad I didn't!

As I said in my pre-review, Cora Harrison's plot is one which I immediatly felt attracted to, and so I thought a book with a back cover so inspiring and a subject matter so interesting to me had to be a good read, so I continued.

Let me tell you now, you will think you know what is going to happen, and will think you know the end.

You don't.

The book is about four 1920s sisters, who all have different views of life, the world, and everything, and are all trying to make their way, find love, find life and find out who they are. It sounds sentimental and girls, and I'm not going to lie, It is. However, it is also a wonderful exploration of girls growing into women and finding their places in the 'great scheme of things'.

It is a hard book to review because there isn't much you can say without ruining the end! Just try it, ok?

I guess I am biased~I love the 20s. But seriously? Who doesn't enjoy the jazz that the 20s brought?

Anyway, I hope I made you want to pick up a copy and give it a try! Have a peek at my pre-review too ☺

Dayzee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!